Requirements for obtaining a Real Estate License
To become eligible to obtain a SALESPERSON license in Alabama, an applicant who does not hold a current real estate license in another state must:
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident alien or legally present in the U.S;
- Be at least 19 years old;
- Show proof of bona fide residency in any state in the U.S.;
- Show proof of high school graduation or the equivalent;
- Not have been convicted of a felony or a crime involving moral turpitude;
- Not have had a real estate application or license rejected or revoked in any state within the past two years.
- After meeting the education and/or experience requirements, pass the licensing examination.
Additionally, a SALESPERSON applicant must:
Prior to taking the state exam, successfully complete an approved 60 clock hour pre-license course. Applicants have 6 months to pass the state exam after completing the course. If these deadlines are not met, the course must be retaken.
Must complete a 30 hour post license training course within the first twelve months of licensure in order to be issued an original (permanent) license. Further, the course must be completed and original license issued within the first six months in order to maintain an active license.
In-Person Classroom Real Estate Pre-License
The required 60 hour Pre-License course is taught in a classroom setting by Tom Carter, License # 69190.
- Every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9 AM to 12:30 PM.
- Evening classes times are Monday & Thursday 6PM to 9:30PM.
New classes are forming, please call Orion Real Estate School for dates, 256-714-2392. Come and join us for one free class to see if the class meets your needs and expectations.
Pre-License Classroom Cost
Enrollment fee is $415 Cash or Check, $425 Credit Card, and covers your text book and materials needed to successfully complete the course.
Our Textbook is “Modern Real Estate Practice, 20th Edition”.
Online Real Estate Pre-License Course
Learn at Your Own Pace With Our Online Pre-license Class.
Quickest Way to Earn Your License
No Travel required to complete the Course
Access from comfort of Home or Office
Check out our online pre-license course options that best fit you! If you are unsure which option to select, give us a call at 256-714-2392.