Reciprocal License

Reciprocal Brokers course is located under the “GET YOUR BROKERS PRE-LICENSE COURSE ON-LINE”

If you hold an original current license in another state, you may obtain a RECIPROCAL license by doing the following:.

Complete a six‐hour course in Alabama real estate law as specified in Rule 790‐X‐1‐.18 and take and pass the corresponding Alabama portion of the licensing examination
Submit with the application an official “Certificate of Licensure” form (license history) showing you hold a current license in another state. This certification can be obtained from the Real Estate Commission Office in that state. This certification must have been issued within 120 days of our receipt of your reciprocal license application. Exam candidates will receive an application for licensure at the test centers upon passage of the exam.

All reciprocal applicants should follow these links and thoroughly read Section 34‐27‐32(b)(1) and Rule 790-X-1-.18.

Military Spouse Reciprocal License Recognition:
Spouses of active duty military who are reciprocal license applicants are given special consideration under Rule 790-X-1-.18(13). Upon submitting a complete application, a certification of licensure evidencing their license from their qualifying state, and proof of their spouse’s active service; these applicants will be granted the appropriate expedited temporary reciprocal license. Those with a temporary reciprocal license will have 180 days to complete the remaining licensure requirements to make the license a permanent one.